#MeetTheMedia is Australia’s leading media introduction event. It’s designed to bring the decision-makers of media together with the experts and leaders of industry to better understand each other. It’s where we get to meet the Senior Producers, Editors, Chiefs of Staff, Presenters and Journalists who are the gatekeepers of their mediums. You’ll hear about the pressures they’re under, what makes them tick and what they look for in a story. No hidden agendas, no holding back!
#MeetTheMedia will give you a better understanding of the media cycle. You’ll learn how best to pitch a story, the preferred way to contact your desired media, what the media expect from you and what you can expect from the media. Like anything, if you understand the playing conditions, you can adjust your approach accordingly.
This event, now in it’s 7th year, is ideal for business owners, expert commentators and authorities from all specialty sectors. It also suits those from the fields of communications, public relations, brand management and media relations.
Due to COVID-19 in 2020 and 2021 we presented a series of very special editions of #MeetTheMedia online. Whilst we were not allowed to meet in person, the digital events (via zoom) let attendees hear from some fantastic media representatives who helped educate and guide experts on how to better connect, communicate and stand out with the media today. The information and tips were invaluable for those looking to engage with media.
We hoped to present in-person events around the country in 2021, however these had to be postponed due to ongoing restrictions. New dates for Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide will be announced in 2022.
#MeetTheMedia Perth – Wednesday 23rd March 2022 (8.30am to 1pm) @ Australian Institute of Management WA. Tickets will go on sale soon.
#MeetTheMedia Melbourne – POSTPONED. New date to be announced in 2022.
Some of the media you’ll hear from and meet are:
- Kristy Mayr – 7 News
- Selby-Lynn Nicholls – 9 News
- Luca Gonano – Executive Producer, 3AW Breakfast
- Frizz Ferguson – Executive Producer, 3AW Drive
- Sarah Ashley – Series Producer, The Project
- Eloise Keating – Editor, Smart Company
- Tim Ladhams – Editor, Inside Small Business
- James Lake – News Operations Manager, Fox FM and Triple M, SCA.
#MeetTheMedia Sydney – POSTPONED. New date to be announced in 2022.
- Monica Lepore – Executive Producer, Sunrise
- Danica Di Giorgio – Reporter and Presenter, Sky News Australia
- Louise Roberts, Editor, SMARTdaily, The Daily Telegraph
- Alison Stephenson – Editor, Body and Soul, NEWS.com.au
- Tamara Davis – Head of Lifestyle, Mamamia
- Imogen Carfrae – Chief of Staff, Nine News
- Amanda Collings – Series Producer, Q&A ABC TV
#MeetTheMedia Adelaide – POSTPONED. New date to be announced in 2022.
- Amanda Buchmann – Reporter, Sunrise
- Matthew Pantelis – News Director & News Hour Presenter, 5AA, Nova Entertainment
- Valerina Changarathil – Deputy Business Editor, Adelaide Advertiser
- Will McDonald – Presenter/Producer, Nine News Adelaide
#MeetTheMedia is a game-changer for any business or organisation that is looking to make an impact in the contemporary media world. We look forward to seeing you there!
CLICK HERE to direct any questions to Media Stable staff.