Lisa Evans – Triple M
Lisa Evans, a Speaker & Public Speaking Coach, believes we should listen, treasure and remember the stories of our older people. Here’s 6 top benefits of storytelling for seniors:
1. The gift of being heard and of allowing people to remember who they are and what they’ve done in their lives.
2. To open up space and reconnect with memories, and to share those memories with others.
3. To create a sense of increased personal power and importance.
4. To face the approaching end of life with a feeling that one has contributed to the world.
5. An acceptance of one’s past (“all things considered”) as significant and worthwhile.
6. The ability to recognise negative past experiences and the integration of them with the present.
What amazing stories do you have from the older people in your life?